During an investigation, the use of data forensics can shed light on even the most sophisticated fraudulent events. Communications and information stored on computers, servers, cell phones, memory sticks and even the company’s copier machines and phone system can often confirm or negate the suspicion of wrongdoing. Data forensics can reveal hidden files, e-mail communications, text chat sessions and compromised information, even if the device has been formatted or if the data has presumably been destroyed.
T&M’s Data Forensics services begin by identifying network and computing devices that may contain the sought-after electronically stored data in question. The data is then preserved and discreetly accessed and/or extracted using stringent best practices and in compliance with domestic and international data and privacy laws. All data is held in the strictest confidence and proven data protection procedures ensure that the data is securely handled. Chain-of-custody logs and court-accepted processes ensure that the data collected is admissible in court should the information recovered result in litigation. Our team of experts has significant experience conducting forensic examinations and providing written and oral testimony at time of trial.
Data Forensics may uncover facts to help protect against issues such as theft of intellectual property, financial fraud, employee violation of company policy and claims of harassment.
T&M’s Data Forensics division provides the following services:
- Discreet Investigations of Electronically Stored Information
- Recovery of Destroyed or Deleted Electronic Data
- Analysis of Data Recovered on Electronic Devices
- Recovery and Examination of Formatted Hard Drives
- Access to Hidden Electronic Files
- Crack Password Protected Files
- Uncover Computer Usage Timelines and Events
- Determine Web Sites Visited and Internet Activity
- Recovery of Text Messages and Other Communications
- Recovery of E-Mail Sent via Third Party Services
In addition, T&M’s Data Forensics division offers T&M Guardian, a proactive personal security monitoring service.